In the past I have confessed my love of clementines, so you can imagine when I saw a loaf of Cranberry Clementine Bread at a local coffee shop, I had to recreate it at home. What a perfect seasonal breakfast loaf! It’s tart and sweet, and is wonderful with delicious butter smoothed on top. Perfect for serving at a Christmas Brunch or as a nice treat with a cup of tea in the afternoon.
- 2 clementines
- 1 cup cranberries, rinse and drained
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Zest the clementines. Peel and segment, crushing them a little when you add them to the bowl.
- Chop the cranberries or puree them with clementine pieces in a food processor.
- Heat orange juice in a microwave for a few seconds in a large microwavable bowl or heat in a small sauce pan (if you don't have a microwave like me).
- Add the butter and sugar and stir until the butter melts and the sugar is all dissolved. Stir in the chopped fruit and egg.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Delicious and moist Cranberry Clementine Bread! Feel free to serve extra clementine slices on the side for Clementine Lovers like me!