Disclaimer: I received an Endy mattress in exchange for this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
A few months ago, our family was going through a rough time with sleep. I was nine months pregnant with baby #3 and sleeping horribly. My husband had always struggled with sleep and his back problems were getting so bad with our old mattress that he was sleeping on the couch half the time. We knew that we needed to change something to improve the quality of our sleep before our newborn arrived.
I started researching mattresses and kept hearing from family and friends how much they loved their Endy mattresses. Time and time again, it was the top recommendation. I reached out to Endy and they kindly sent us the mattress, pillows and mattress protector to try.
When our Endy mattress arrived, I’ll admit I was a little worried because it was firmer than I’d normally like. My husband was thrilled (he loves a firm mattress), but after a week of using it, I was totally converted. Plus I don’t have to listen to him complain about back pain every morning. Win-win! haha
From that first week, I couldn’t believe how much of a difference it made in our sleep. Not only did we both feel properly supported, but I could get up in the night and not disturb my light-sleeper husband, as the mattress eliminates motion transfer. As a mom to three kids 5 and under, I often wake up in the night for every little cry. Our Endy mattress has definitely improved my ability to fall back asleep quickly. As soon as I’m tucked back in under the covers, it’s lights out!
Why We Chose Endy
- Comfort & Support – Every part of your body feels properly supported with the Endy mattress. Even after 100 nights it looks and feels just as good as it did coming out of the box.
- Temperature Neutral – Endy’s proprietary Comfort Foam maintains the same level of comfort and support throughout all the Canadian seasons, unlike traditional memory foam, which changes firmness depending on the temperature. The foam’s open air cell technology enhances its breathability and cooling throughout the night.
- Canadian Company – I love that the Endy mattress is designed and manufactured in Canada. They also offer free shipping to all Canadian provinces.
- GREENGUARD Gold and CertiPUR-US Certified – Our family of five often all pile onto our big bed for story time and it was important to us that it was a safe space for everyone. Endy mattresses are GREENGUARD Gold Certified, which guarantees extremely low levels of chemical emissions and harmful pollutants after third-party testing. Their mattresses are also Cert PUR-US, which means they are safe from VOC’s, formaldehyde, and phthalates.
- Adjustable Pillows – Along with our Endy Mattress, we have been using their Customizable Pillows. Not only are they supportive, breathable and hypoallergenic, but you can also adjust the height and firmness by removing some of the foam. It come with a handy mesh bag that you can put the foam in to use as a travel pillow.
- Easy Delivery & Setup – Our mattress was delivered right to our front door within two days. From the time my husband carried it up the stairs, to when we had it unboxed and on the bed was only 10 MINUTES!! It arrives rolled up in the box and expands when you remove the plastic covering.
Commonly Asked Questions
Every time I post about how much I love our Endy mattress, I get some of the same questions:
Is the Endy mattress comfortable? Yes, we have found it to be very comfortable. I’m a side sleeper and my husband is a back sleeper and we both find it gives us great support. I’d say it is a medium-firm mattress.
Can I try out the Endy mattress in a store? Endy is exclusively an online mattress provider, but they do have showrooms across Canada. They also offer a 100-night trial so you can try the mattress in your home, and it comes with a 10-year warranty.
Did it take a while to get used to? As I mentioned before, I would usually pick a softer mattress, so it took me a few nights to get used to it. Once I did, I realized how uncomfortable I’d been in our old mattress and didn’t even realize it. I used to toss and turn at night from hip and lower back pain. Within a week of sleeping on the Endy mattress it went away. My husband prefers a firm mattress and loved it from the first night.
How does the price compare to other mattresses? The prices are similar to other mattresses we looked at (ranging from $675-995 depending on size), however I felt the Endy mattress was an excellent value for the quality, and they have fantastic customer service. There are often great promotions as well, such as their current Boxing Week promotion for $100 off any size of Endy mattress (until January 6th). Plus shipping is always free!
Do you need a box spring? We placed ours on our existing box spring, but you can also put an Endy mattress directly onto wooden bed slats.
/ / /
If you have ever thought about trying a new bed, I highly suggest you try Endy. Make this the year you give yourself the gift of better sleep!