However, I was determined to salvage them. I love these chairs and couldn’t picture parting with them, so I made a trip to a fabric store on Queen Street. I found a gigantic aisle of upholstery fabric and a black and beige print on sale for $15 a yard.
When I got home, I got right to work tackling the first chair. I ripped off the liner on the bottom of the chair and pulled out all the staples that attached the seat to the chair. It took plenty of arm strength and determination to get it done, but I did it! Then I used one half of the yard of fabric to cover the top of the seat. I held the fabric taut and using a friend’s staple gun I tightly secured it to the seat. Then it was just a matter of re-stapling the seat to the chair and replacing the bottom seat liner with some black felt I had lying around.
It felt good to take my old cheap chairs and make them new again for only $15 (and a batch of shortbread cookies for the staple gun owner!) Its given me the itch to tackle on more house projects over the hibernation months of winter. I’ll keep you guys posted on whats next!
I just wanted to tell you I finally started watching Dexter and I don’t know why I waited so long… I love it!!
Oh and your chair is nice too.
Rachel @ A Cupcake for Moose says
Impressive! Your chair looks fantastic!