It’s hard to believe that another year has gone by! I was looking at photos and posts from the past couple of years and it feels like so much has changed and I’ve learned so much in that time…and I still have alot more to learn.
1. Birthday cakes are always better made by someone you love…especially when it’s in the shape of an armadillo.
2. Finding $20 in an old coat pocket is like winning the jackpot…even if it is your own coat.
3. Baking Soda and Baking Powder are very different. Read recipes carefully! (Same with tsp and tbsp.)
4. There is always hope, even when you think it is lost.
5. The first pancake never turns out right.
6. Google can answer anything. (And does for me many times a day)
|Mom celebrating her own birthday|
7. Listen to your Mom. She was right when she told you to floss, wear sunscreen, bring a sweater and drink water. Just don’t tell mine that I admitted that 😉
8. A smile burns more calories than a frown, and looks better. So pass over another cupcake 🙂
9. Dogs really are man’s best friend.
10. Everything happens for a reason and you many not know the reason now but one day you will.
11. Family is more important than anything else. (And some friends may as well be family.)
12. Do unto others as you would have them do to you. And beware because Karma can come back to bite you!
13. You will never find that other sock. Ever.
14. Stop knocking yourself down – when someone compliments you, all you need to say back is “Thank You”.
15. When you stop trying to find Mr. Right you will find him. It wasn’t until I stopped trying that I found Garrett and never looked back.
16. If you wear the same pants every day nobody will notice.
17. A really good piece of chocolate can turn around a bad day.
18. Stop trying to do the things that people tell you that you should do and find something that you want to do. You are living your life for you, not other people
19. Flowers make everything better.
20. Everyone makes mistakes. Don’t beat yourself up when you do. It’s a lesson you needed to learn.
21. A house isn’t a home until you make it one. And it’s not the things that are in it that make it home, but the loved ones who fill it.
22. Friends come and go. Some will come back and some won’t. And that’s okay. If someone is no longer in your life it is for a reason.
23. You don’t have to be Southern to enjoy a Mint Julep, but you can have fun pretending you are anyways…accents are optional, but enouraged.
24. You don’t have to get along with everyone, or make everyone like you.
25. The best of friends are there for not just the good times, but the not so good times too. Listen to “Find Out Who Your Friends Are” by Tracy Lawrence with Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney and you’ll know what I mean.
26. Pick your battles
27. Eat good food…and lots of it.