Fridays’ posts are usually saved for my favourite things from each week, but I need to address something today before we can get onto the good things that have happened.
With the events that took place this week in Ottawa, my heart has been very heavy. I have family and friends who live there, and thinking about them all being a stone’s throw away from this tragedy was really hard. There have been moments of sadness for the lives lost and moments of anger that this could happen, but mostly I have been proud – of the people who stepped up on that day, doing their part for our country and for the outpouring of love from all over for our nation’s capital. I also can’t help but think of the young soldier who lost his life – Bruce MacKinnon’s cartoon this week explains it perfectly and makes me tear up every time I see it.
/ / /
- Dr. Bronner’s Citrus Orange Hemp Castile Bar Soap – seriously smells so good!
- Dark Chocolate for snacking – Olivia and Giddy Yo Yo are both great Canadian brands
- Kind Organics Cosmic Sprouts – this sprouts mix has edible flowers in it, making it a fun addition to lunchtime salads
- Badger Nighty Nighty Balm – I’m trying this out as a new nighttime hand cream. I usually put on Dessert Essence Pumpkin Spice hand lotion during the day, but I wanted something soothing and less greasy for bedtime. This new balm has a light lavender and chamomile scent to help you relax and the mixture is thick.
- Mum’s Original Organic Coconut Flour – I’ve wanted to try coconut flour for a while now, but I’ve had a hard time finding a company that is nut free. When I saw this company was nut free, I was so excited that I grabbed a bag on the spot. I also grabbed some of their Organic White Chia Seeds to try too.
It took forever to take the photo because I had two curious pups that wanted to be a part of the action too, haha. These guys are such goofballs, but I love them. I grabbed some stuff to make their Halloween costumes soon.
/ / /
I hope that you have a safe and happy weekend!
Julie Rosene says
I also love driving through small quaint towns. All your pictures are gorgeous- can’t beat lovely fall colours!