In less than a week it will officially be fall, but I’ll admit that I’ve already dove head first into the season. The days are hot and sunny, but you can feel that cool fall air creeping in at night. There’s the smell of wood fires burning in the distance and the leaves are starting to show signs that they’ll be changing soon. It’s the time of year that makes you start to think about cozy afternoons inside. Here are a few of my favourite Etsy goodies that I’ve come across this fall.
1. PommesFrites Candles // I am all about fall candles right now. I’ve been lighting one as soon as I get home from work each evening. My two requirements – it has to look nice and it has to smell goood, like these ones from PommesFrites. Try Campfire, Apple Picking, Pumpkin Spice or Laundry Day!
2. Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag – WAAM Industries // I’m a big fan of packed lunches, especially when they come in cute packaging. These waxed canvas bags are almost too cool for school. Made with heavy duty canvas, it becomes water resistant when coated with beeswax. An reusable alternative to plastic bags!
3. Crochet Chunky Boot Cuffs – My Pumpkin Seeds // A friend knitted some boot cuffs for me last year and I love them. They really bring up the coziness to any fall outfit.
4. Adventure Awaits Pillow – The Sweetest Digs // my Ottawa gal Gemma has a great collection of prints and pouches, along with some cute pillows like this one. I love that you can pair it with colourful fall pillows for a layered couch look, or it can stand along on a luxe tufted grey couch like this one.
5. Metal Orb Light – Hangout Lighting // I’m really digging industrial inspired lighting these days. Rope, metal and an Edison bulb – I love it! This would be a great piece to hang in a hallway.
6. Super Chunky Knit Blanket – Lily and Peabody // Doesn’t this blanket just look like the coziest thing you’ve ever seen. I fear that if I got snuggled up in it, I’d never want to leave. Just bring me a book and a cup of tea, please and thank you.
7. Small Soup Bowls – Little Wren Pottery // I like to make the excuse that I need cute bowls for blog props…but really I just love handmade pottery. Why have your soup in a plain white bowl when you can have it something special? They also look cute stacked on open shelving or filled with baking goodies as a gift.
8. Leather Sunglasses Case – Born of the Anvil // No nonsense, rugged leather with an embossed seal. Simple and classic.
/ / /
On Saturday September 26th, 2015, Etsy is hosting Made in Canada markets at various locations across Canada. I’ll be going to this one in Toronto, but check out their site to see the location closest to you. It’s a great chance to find handmade and one-of-a-kind pieces, meet the makers in person and get a head start on your holiday shopping!
I *literally* have another tab open (beside this one) searching up decorative Fall throw pillows on Etsy. And now they’re coming to Toronto!? Count me in! 😀
Yay! It looks like their are going to be some great vendors there.