Sponsored by Hamilton Beach
The holidays are fast approaching and many of us are wracking our brains for gifts that our loved ones will enjoy. We all have a few people on our lists that say they “don’t need anything” (I’m guilty of this one too!), which is why I’ve come up with a gift guide of practical gifts they’re sure to love. If you’re looking to get organized this holiday season, don’t forget to check out the 2019 edition of my Online Christmas Planner too – it’s got a great page for making your gift giving list and keeping on a budget.
1. Hamilton Beach Premium Dough and Bread Maker – I was recently gifted this from Hamilton Beach and have loved making my own breads and doughs. Nothing quite like having a loaf of freshly baked bread when you live out in the countryside, miles away from a bakery. It’s also an extremely cost effective way to feed our family and lets me come up with creative ideas too. I love that it’s incredibly user-friendly and easy to use, and you can choose from light, medium, or dark crust options and 1, 1.5 or 2 lb. loaf sizes. You can also make bread dough (think artisan breads, french baguettes, pizza dough, focaccia!) and bake it in the oven. There is an automatic fruit and nut dispenser that adds in the ‘mix-in’ ingredients at the ideal time during the kneading process too.
2. Eco-friendly Food Wraps – I’m always trying to find more ways to cut our waste, especially when it comes to food packaging and there are a few things that I’ve found most useful. Beeswax wraps, such as Canadian based Goldilocks, are handy for wrapping produce, cheeses or a sandwich. Fabric bowl covers are perfect for covering a bowl of freshly chopped salad. Mesh cotton produce bags eliminate the need for those thin plastic bags in the produce section and can easily be tossed in the washing machine when they need a cleaning.
3. Detangling Brush – World renown as an amazing detangling brush, I’ve found this Tangle Teezer is the best way to comfortable get even the worst tangles out of my daughter’s hair or even mine. Makes a handy stocking stuffer that is perfect for popping into a school bag, gym bag or purse.
4. Weekend Bag – This bag is my favourite for a weekend away or an overnight trip. It folds up nicely to tuck away in the closet when you get home too.
5. Canopy Umbrella – I keep one of these large umbrella tents in my car at all times in the warmer months. Perfect for a day at the beach or a picnic at the park, they make a great sun shelter for the whole family. The zippered vents on the sides help let airflow through too.
6. Cornishware – I recently shared on Instagram Stories my great love of this iconic British pottery. Their pieces are stunning, carefully crafted and would make excellent Christmas gifts. You also must check out artist Karina Rickards‘ fantastic Instagram Stories for more behind-the-scenes at their pottery and life in the British countryside – she’s one of my favourites to catch up on over a morning cup of tea, and what better than in a hand-painted Cornishware mug!
7. Fabric Shaver & Lint Remover – All those little pills that show up on sweaters in the winter can be such a pain. A quick swipe with fabric shaver like this one removes the culprits and keeps your knits looking as good as new.
8. Dutch Oven – This sits on my stove all through the winter months and rarely gets put away. I do soups, stews, roasts, sauces, you name it.
9. 2020 Planner – As much as I use my tech devices to keep myself organized, I still love having a paper planner. I use it to track goals with my businesses, house projects and personal appointments. It’s also where I keep my daily to-do list, meal plan and corral urgent paperwork that needs to be taken care of before filing. When I have a minute to work, it’s very convenient to grab my planner and check a few things off the list. I adore the ones from Rifle Paper Co. as they’re not only practical but very pretty too!
10. Outdoor Blanket – These waterproof blankets are great for trips to the beach, picnics, tailgating, hiking and more. They’re portable enough that they can be tucked in the back of a car for when they’re needed, and very handy in the winter months if you ever have car trouble.
I hope you find this gift guide helpful! Check out my Holiday page for more festive fun!