The other day I was on one of my favorite blogs, Carrots ‘n’ Cake, and I saw that Tina had posted about making Carrot Cake Cookies. I was instantly intrigued. Raisins + Carrots + Maple Syrup = One Delicious Cookie.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until batter is blended evenly.
- Use a tablespoon to portion cookies on a greased baking sheet, approximately 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.
The recipe was such was not only easy to make, but also easy to clean up, using only one bowl. It made about 15 cookies, which were gone in no time. Chewy and delicious…but my date suggested putting cream cheese icing on them, like real carrot cake. May just have to do that next time!