There are plenty of great recipes out there for what to do with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, but what about all that cranberry sauce? My Great Aunt makes amazing homemade cranberry every year, but there is always some leftover and it seems like a same to throw it out. Thats where this muffin recipe comes in handy!
(I’m sorry about the poor quality of the photos! I took these last year at Thanksgiving before I started using my big Canon camera, so please bear with me.)
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups leftover cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk oil, egg, milk and cranberry sauce.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fill muffin cups about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- Optional: Add cream cheese icing to make into a delicious dessert.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins with liners.In a large bowl, combine flour, whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
In a medium bowl, whisk oil, egg, milk and cranberry sauce.
If you’re looking to make these into more of a dessert, spread some cream cheese icing on top! I used the icing recipe from my Carrot Cake Cupcakes.