A few weeks ago my boss pulled me into the office kitchen to try this Dill Bean Salad. At first I was hesitant, but one scoop and my eyes rolled into the back of my head. The fresh herbs, crunchy celery and delicious dressing are a wonderful combination.
What you’ll need:
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and dried on paper towel
- 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can of lima beans, rinsed
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- handful of fresh dill, chopped
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 2 stick of celery, cut diagonally
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp powdered mustard
- Toss all the beans, vegetables and fresh chopped herbs together in a large bowl.
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a small jar and shake to combine.
- Pour dressing on salad before serving.
This is an easy salad to make adjustments too. Feel free to add or remove as much or as little of the ingredients as you’d like. This is a great salad to keep in the fridge for quick lunches and fast snacks during the warm months.