My dear friend and bridesmaid, Amy, gave me one of the coolest (and most useful) wedding gifts I’ve ever heard of – an emergency kit for the wedding and for the honeymoon!
When Amy first told me that she was making an emergency kit for the wedding, I thought it was just bobby pins, some hairspray and lip balm. Boy was I wrong. This thing is loaded up to get you through any apocalypse. I’ve put together a list of all that was in there and made note of what we ended up using on the day of the wedding and what we’ve used so far on the honeymoon. Yep, we took it with us…and you better believe that I’ll be keeping it ready for any and all future trips.
I don’t know how she did it, but she was able to pack all these amazing goodies into a big toiletries travel carrier that has a hook to hang on the door. Here is a checklist with everything that she put in there and some photos below of everything she put in each of the three pouches.
- Clip On Hand Sanitizer – with all the stops we’ve been making on the trip, I’ve been using this often when I can’t find somewhere to wash my hands.
- Blister Pads
- Comb – used it to back comb my hair for an updo on the honeymoon.
- Straws – we used these while getting ready for the wedding so that we didn’t smudge our lipstick when we drank!
- Visine Eye Drops – used it on the way down South for the honeymoon when my allergies started up.
- Deodorant – I think my sister has a cute photo of my bridesmaids helping me put this on before the ceremony, haha!
- Clear Nail Polish – a quick coat to touch up my manicure while we were driving on the road trip, but this would also be a great fix for a run in your pantyhose.
- Floss – forgot to pack this for the honeymoon and I was so glad when I spotted it in the kit.
- Double Sided Tape – used it on the wedding day to fix a dress and to put up a sign.
- Venus Travel Razor – aside from being super cute, this is actual a great razor and all I took with me for the honeymoon. It takes up so little space and the case keeps it safe and lets it dry out.
- Feminine Products
- Vaseline – used this to break up the glue to remove my fake eyelashes after the wedding.
- Nail Clippers
- Nail File – my nails are growing like crazy in this hot weather and I’ve used this a lot!
- Oil Absorbing Sheets
- Hand Cream
- Travel Toothbrush
- Dental Picks
- Heel Pads
- Fishing Line (for fixing wedding dress bustles!)
- Tissues – I had quite a few teary eyed moments at the wedding and this came in handy.
- Traveling Sewing Kit (more on that below)
- Hairspray – I’ve been using this for my new wavy hairdo and love it!
- Wet Wipes – key for removing grass stains on the bottom of my wedding dress AND for getting sauce off Garrett’s hands after a chili dog on our honeymoon.
- Lip Balm – I think I’ve used this yummy minty lip balm almost every day since the wedding
- Crazy Glue
- Scissors – great for snipping loose threads we found on dresses before the ceremony.
- Sticky Roller – helped us get the cat hair off one of the groomsmen who befriended a barn cat during our photo session.
- Tide-On-The-Go Stick
- Static Guard
Inside the sewing kit was:
- 10 Mini Spools of Thread
- Hair Pins
- Straight Pins
- Safety Pins – used one of these to pin Amy’s grandmother’s ring to the inside of my dress for my something borrowed and something old.
- Assorted Buttons and Snaps
Not shown in the kit because I’d already taken them out to use:
- Compact Mirror
- Cotton Swabs
And my one addition to the kit:
- Chafing Relief Powder Gel – I read about this stuff on a wedding forum and bought a tube to help keep my legs from getting any kind of a heat rash in all the many layers of the wedding dress. In the end I’ve been using it any day I wear a dress down here in the South and it has been great.
The great thing is that the whole thing rolls up into an easy-to-carry pouch. I think this is just one of the coolest gifts and has been so helpful for the wedding and honeymoon. Whenever we need something, I tell Garrett to check the pack first…and what we need is usually there!