I spent the long weekend at my parents place and we had just the best weather. It was so warm and sunny, which made for good porch painting weather. Usually we eat most of our meals out on the porch, but with it all torn up to paint, we had to look elsewhere.
We could sit out on the picnic table, let the dogs run around and watch the new Canada Geese babies.
- 14 oz can whole artichokes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 10 oz frozen block of spinach, thawed and well drained
- 8 oz (250 g) brick of cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Drain artichokes and chop in food processor with garlic cloves. Thaw and squeeze out excess moisture from spinach. Add to processor with softened cheese and mayonnaise, and seasonings. Blend well but do not puree. You want the dip to have texture. Stir in grated cheese.
- Spread in oven proof pan and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes until light brown and bubbling.
- Serve with crackers or pita bread that has been brushed with oil, lightly salted and toasted in the oven.