Our little community garden has been going great! I love popping in there every couple of days and seeing how things are going. It’ll be awhile until we see any real progress, but I’m hopefully.
Originally I was using those little plastic tags that come with the plants to mark each one, but I was worried that over time they would be lost…and frankly they looked a little ugly.
I wanted to make some fun plant markers that were simple enough to whip up on a weeknight and sturdy enough to withstand the elements.
We found these local stones for free and I got to work cleaning them up a bit. Just an old rag with a little bit of water got most of the dirt off of them. I left them in the sun on the porch to dry quickly.