Earlier this fall, we hosted our first Thanksgiving at the farmhouse with Garrett’s family. It felt so good to have our home filled with loved ones to celebrate the holiday. I wanted to make something special to have when they all arrived and this Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider was perfect. It made the whole house smell amazing and it was incredibly easy to make.
While I was busy making the Bacon-Wrapped Turkey, Homemade Vegetarian Stuffing, Macaroni and Cheese and Homemade Cranberry Sauce, it was slowly simmering away in our slow cooker. When the guests arrived, I switched it to the warm setting and set it up with a ladle, mugs, napkins and garnish for everyone to help themselves.
- 6 cups apple cider
- 6 cups cranberry cocktail
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 8 whole cloves
- fresh cranberries, apple slices or cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a
4 quartslow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Before serving, remove cinnamon sticks and cloves. Keep on WARM while serving.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick, fresh cranberries and a slice of apple.
- Refrigerate leftovers and reheat as needed.
Pour apple cider and cranberry cocktail into a 4 quart slow cooker.
Add in whole cloves and cinnamon sticks. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Remove spices prior to serving. Keep on the WARM setting while serving.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick, fresh cranberries or a slice of apple. The leftovers can be put in the fridge and reheated later for a nice post-party treat. Happy Holidays!!