I always thought it was some complicated and secret recipe, but when I asked her about it this year, she gave me the recipe. Turns out that it is ridiculously easy.
If you usually buy canned cranberry sauce, I urge you to give this a try. I promise that you’ll retire that can opener for good.
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 9 oz of water
- 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat sugar and water until boiling.
- Add cranberries and return to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 7 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Serve hot, or chill to serve cold.
In a saucepan over medium heat, heat sugar and water until boiling. Add cranberries and return to boiling.