Whiskey is a rescue dog, so we don’t really know how old he is. I think he was about 1.5 to 2 years old when I got him, but we can’t really be sure. So instead of celebrating his birthday, we celebrate the anniversary of when he rescued me. (Year One, Year Two, Year Three)
… and lots of napping. It’s exhausting being this cute.
|Always cuddling with his stuffed toys.|
|It’s always great coming home to find pictures like this in my camera. I can only imagine what the two of them were up to this day.|
And funny enough, I can picture Whiskey sitting beside him the whole time. We tease Whiskey all the time that the three of us are his “pack” but we really are. Everything I do is better when I do it with the two of them.
- ½ cup flour
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 2 tsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp flour
- Optional "sprinkles": ½ strip bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda. In another bowl, cream the butter, oil and eggs and together.
- Stir the carrots into the creamed mixture. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased ramekin and bake for 25 minutes.
- To make the banana frosting, stir the mashed bananas, butter and flour until a smooth paste is formed.
- Frost your cake with the banana mixture. You could also sprinkle it with crumbled bacon pieces as "sprinkles".
Pour the batter into a greased ramekin and bake for 25 minutes.
It puffed up a bit and came out as a perfect mini cake.
Happy Anniversary Whiskey!
A little banana frosting on the nose. Just can’t quite reach.