A do-it-yourself Breakfast Gift Basket is a great gift idea for any foodie on your list! With some staple breakfast goodies wrapped up nicely, a few little touches and a pretty basket – you’ve got a gift that’s ready to give. Makes a great hostess gift or care package too!
Making your own Breakfast Gift Basket is a unique and meaningful gift that you can tailor for the recipient. They’re not just great for the holidays – they make a great care package or hostess gift any time of year. It’s as simple as putting together everything they need for a nice breakfast at home.
I made this simple version of a Breakfast Gift Basket using a few homemade items paired with some store bought pieces as well, in a cute basket that can be reused later on. You can add in whatever you like, making the options endless! It’s easy to make one whatever size you’d like whether it’s for one person, a couple or a family.
Ideas for Items in a Breakfast Gift Set
- Maple Syrup
- Homemade Honey & Oats Granola
- Pancake Mix
- Fabric Bag for Pancake Mix
- Freshly Baked Bread (Banana Bread or Apple Cranberry Bread)
- Handmade Christmas Ornament
- Glass Bottle of Juice
- Bag of Coffee
- Hot Chocolate Pouches
- Jar of Peppermint Bark
- Tea Towel
- Tissue or Crinkle Paper
- Gift Basket
Steps to Make a Breakfast Gift Set
1. Sew a Fabric Bag for the Pancake Mix – Using cute fabric (or even a pretty tea towel), you can sew a small fabric bag for the pancake mix. Check out my tutorial on How to Make Reusable Fabric Gift Bags.
Place pancake mix (store bought or homemade) in a plastic bag, and tuck it into the fabric bag, along with the mixing instructions. Tie the bag with a nice ribbon and add a little handwritten tag for a special touch.
2. Make a Jar of Homemade Granola – Freshly baked homemade granola is such a treat, and you can tailor it to anyone’s preferences. I love a classic Honey & Oat Granola, which can easily have dried fruit and nuts added too. Fill a big mason jar with granola and top it off with a square of fabric tied on top. Use pinking shears to get a zig zag edge on the fabric.
3. Bake a Fresh Loaf of Quick Bread – Got some time? Why not bake them a fresh loaf of bread! Banana Bread or Apple Cranberry Bread are both a delicious addition to a Breakfast Gift Basket. Wrap in parchment paper and tie closed with bakers twine.
4. Pick up Gourmet Breakfast Favs – Think of luxe versions of breakfast staples that they maybe wouldn’t normally treat themselves to…a bottle of dark maple syrup, a jar of wildflower honey, a glass bottle of cold-pressed juice, bag of coffee from a local shop, packets of fancy hot chocolates.
5. Add in Extra Touches – A jar of Peppermint Bark; new tea towels, spatula or whisk; a special ornament (maybe a handmade one!); beautiful mugs from a local artist.
6. Arrange Basket – Fill your basket with crinkle paper or tissue, and arrange all the pieces together. Keep taller items to the back to add height, and tuck small items to the front.
I hope you find this helpful for making your own Breakfast Gift Basket. If you have other ideas of what to add to the basket, share them in the comments below!
BWeddings Planner says
Love the inspiration here!